Saturday, April 9, 2011

My parents' house

Oh, how I forgot how entertaining it is to be at my parents' house alone. How quiet it is, and how I can nosey through things without a fuss.

Of course, I come across something that I must mention and I get fussed at for being nosey in their stuff and then, I remind them that what is theirs is my inheritance. :-) At which point they just shake their heads.

It seems like my parents never throw away anything. EVER! The reason I'm here is so that I can do my laundry for free. Yup you heard me. I will forever come with laundry until they tell me I can no more.

While in the basement waiting on what seems to be the longest wash cycle of my life, I start wandering and laughing. I found so much stuff, and thought "if they just give me 2 days, I'll clear this baby out." I'm serious, though my dad complains it's my mom, he is as much to blame. TRUST ME!

First, how many fans does my mom need so many fans in so many sizes?



Second, is the typewriter still needed? Apparently just in case they can't do something with the computer.




Third, 12... YES 12 Cake plates (at least 2 were mine that I thought were trashed). She still needs them all... FOR WHAT?




Fourth, the drum set that my bro hasn't touched in 20 years. Donation.







Fifth, the 20+ year old fire engine truck. Little ones don't even visit that much.











Sixth, one of the lamps from one of my college residence hall rooms. The Walmart one. We all had one.










Seventh, why do they still have my cane and two sets of crutches from 2002-2003? The cane ok. But the crutches and the walker?!?!?

Eighth, the two giant a/c units.

Is that my $13 Goodwill purchased table from 2003?

How many suitcases do two people who've lived in the same house since the 70's need?

I did have fun playing in the rain boots. I tried to swipe mom's but she wasn't having it. Dad's well.. yellow just isn't my color.


I love the Cher exercise VHS and the 10 others down there with the VCR that my mom still doesn't know how to use.










My favorite piece of all in the basement... the Sagittarius/Pisces love match picture from their dating days back in the early days. That's something a picture just cannot do justice for. I love it.

I guess this will just continue. Good thing the washer stopped who knows what else I would have found down there.  WHEW!

No comments:

Post a Comment