Thursday, June 30, 2011

Driving towards sanity

It has been a long few weeks.  If it hasn't been one thing, it's been another.  Regardless, I still stand, not at my strongest by strong enough to fight the good fight.  This week, the disstress hit a new high.  To the point where I have to stop and say out loud "Lord, Sweet, Jesus, Give me strength.  Remember to breath." 

Just as I had hope that today would let up on me just a little, something else "pops" up.  Boy it took a lot for me to keep my cool.  All I could think was "Adria get in the car and go for a drive."  It had finally cooled off.. I got in my car, let down the windows and drove.  I found myself on the highway wind blowing my annoyance and stress away, if even for a moment.  When I completed the tasks I gave my self, I sat in the car with the windows down, secluded, with a cup of hot peppermint tea (my fav).  Found my inner peace for a moment and returned to the ridiculousness of my reality. 

After returning home, I tried not to let the stress creep back on me.  I sat down, turned on the fan, and reminded myself of that moment of peace. What helps you find your moment of peace?

No comments:

Post a Comment