Thursday, June 30, 2011

Treat Her Like A Lady

Since I'm doing this.... "dating" thing, I was sharing some of my stories with a friend.  She is a little younger than me.  And I am what many consider an "old soul."  In my "dating" adventures, I have come across a lot of men who just haven't lived up to what I feel a woman should be treated like. As the men start to treat me like less than I feel they should, I check out.  Some may see my approach as mean but it is more so to protect myself and let them know the respect I deserve is not there.

As I thought about what we talked about I thought of the song Treat Her Like A Lady.  Thank you to The Temptations.  Treat Her Like a Lady video 

These so called men would say things like "Would you come get me if I didn't feel like coming to you b/c I just didn't feel like getting up and driving?"  "So when are you going to make me dinner?"  "Oh yeah, by the way, I have no money to pay for this date." "Every woman I meet, inevitably falls in love with me." Among other inappropriate things.  Are you serious?  These are not men.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in meeting someone half way, being fair in a relationship, but I still deserve to be treated like the lady that I act like.  Amen?  AMEN!  Us, yes us, as women spend so much time now allowing certain, I will not say all, walk all over us, abuse us, and treat us less than.  Know that you deserve the best.  someone who will treasure and respect you in return.  Though they think they are being nice, they are not.  They are being disrespectful.  We must learn the difference.  If you do not stand up for what you deserve, he can only do what you allow him to do to you.

I, for one, will not be disrespected or settle for less.  I expect to be TREATED LIKE A LADY!

No comments:

Post a Comment