Sunday, February 6, 2011

Adria Meets Brussel Sprouts

Today, I had my first real-life encounter with brussel sprouts. I always saw them on tv where no one ever liked them. Never really noticed them going to the grocery store. They definitely were not common in my household growing up. So this was EXCITING for me!

When I met with my nutritionist earlier this week, we were talking about veggies that I like. The list was rather long, as I've always been a good girl when it comes to eating veggies. Well except okra (EWWWWWWWW!) She suggested that I try brussel sprouts, she said I cook so I should be able to get it right. LOL Thanks. So I was doing my weekly veggie load up, and I'm in BJ's, my home away from home, looking for peppers.... And there they were... FRESH BRUSSEL SPROUTS! I must admit, I was a tad nervous paying for these things when i didn't know if I would like them. I'm sure people in the store thought I was crazy inspecting them to see what I could compare them to. I finally decided they looked like mini baby cabbage. I love cabbage. OK in the cart they went. I did what Hillary said to do, and guess what?!?!?!?!?! I LOVE BRUSSEL SPROUTS!

Well that's my excitement for today, other than my achy calves from yesterday's leg work out. I'm sure Hillary will love to hear that one of the things on the "Let's try it once, Adria" List has been moved to the "OK, I can make this happen, Hillary" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment