Thursday, February 3, 2011

Return to Strike

Oh, my! I need to return to my cooking strike. This cooking for others has opened a bad, but yummy can of worms for me. The red velvet cupcakes we so good, I think I got addicted. During this week's ice storm, I got a little cabin fever looking at this:




I decided to make my own little batch of red velvet. Only issue is I was out of red food coloring, but I had other colors. So I pull down the colors and decide, YES I will mix green and pink.. It all tastes the same. As I mixed the batter turned purple. Even more exciting, my favorite color. Who said they had to be red??


I ended up with the yummiest purple velvet cupcakes.

Yes, I even piped the cream cheese frosting in the middle. It was heavenly. But we won't tell my nutritionist or trainer about this slip, I will enjoy and return to my cooking strike :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment