Monday, January 3, 2011

Comida del Corazón

That's how my friend described it. Food from the heart, of love.

One of my passions is in my kitchen, I like to cook for those I love. I never understood why it was so great sometimes but not others and my friend said.... It's made with love. I made them dinner and took it to them. They had only heard about my cook abilities. With what is going on for them, I wanted to help out. So when I offer to cook, it's never small and lasts at least 2 days. Please, note I was raised by southerners. The menu consisted of the following:
  • Collard Greens
  • Baked Macaroni
  • BBQ Chicken
  • Pound Cake
  • Strwberry syrup

Let's start wit the Greens, they were fresh from my favorite place Wilson Farms. I cleaned, cut and stored for times like this. Cooked in smoked turkey necks, that I smoked myself. Some yummy seasoning. They were good.

The Baked Macaroni is a dish that I don't even eat, so I don't know what it should taste like but I seem to get it right. I made the cheese sauce myself this time, no velveeta. With chunks of monterey and extra sharp throughout the pan.

BBQ Chicken is one of my favoroites. I use the chicken breast tenders to allow easy portioning. I love Jack Daniels BBQ sauce, and I add a little Adria lovin' to it. I like spice but this time I left it out.

The Pound cake is courtesy of Paula Dean. Mama's Pound Cake. I love that recipe. I bought fresh strawberries to make the syrup topping.

My home smelled so yummy and my friends were pleased. Seeing people happy with my cooking makes me smile. Yes, I know I forgot the cornbread. I was a little distracted.

No comments:

Post a Comment