Sunday, March 13, 2011

I couldn't do it

I went to the pet store prepared to purchase a little fishy to add to come plant collection. Let me preface this with, Adria is not a pet person at all. There is doubt about it. Pets have never been my strong point. This time I thought I could do it. A little fishy... SIMPLE!

I pull into the parking lot and walk into the pet store, first there are little furry friends... I begin to pray under my breath that my eyes don't swell up and that they are securely locked in these cages. Then come the nosey little birds. Chirp Chirp. Fighting, colorful, doing what little birds do. I proceed to walk by them shaking my head and grunting "uh huh." Classic Adria moment. I see the fish tanks an proceed to walk towards them. Starting with the goldfish. My stomach became a little queasier with each step. There were also bads of grass hoppers in between.

I am looking at these colorful fish. Pretty colors and thinking , "I feel sorry if one of you gets taken home and I am not able to keep you alive. I can't do this." BOY! I looked just to see an felt so sorry for the fish, and for me. I don't know what came over me. Then I turn around to the Betta fish and one was dead in the store. Oh my goodness, I decided it was time to leave. I walked out of the store grunting "uh huh, I can't do this. Nope this is not for me. I willl stick to my plants."

I got in the car and gained my composer and called my mom to share with her my story. She was not surprised as I have never been the pet person. I then asked her where my bird, Herbie, came from when I was little. She informed me that my aunt just went out and bought it. We went on and on about how much of a headache Herbie was. UGH that bird. And when he died she didn't know what to do or tell us. It was acutally a while before I noticed Herbie was MIA. When she painfully told me he was dead, all I could say or think at 7years old.... "Oh ok." I informed her how much I was not a fan of my own pet but I didn't want to hurt her feelings. LOL He was one bad lovebird trust me.

Then she talked about my brother and his reptiles the hermit crabs and fish that my aunt and uncle got him. Those things grossed me out. I did not like having them in the house. But everytime one died he showed up with another one. WHY?

She sai this is why she wasn't surprised my mission to bring home a fishy was a fail. She, too, told me to stick with my plants. Thanks Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment