Sunday, December 26, 2010

Big Friggin' Wedding

So I survived the snowy, blizzardy really, drive from NY to home. And boy, the snow is coming down now. With that, I decided to catch up on some... reality tv?!?! Courtesy of On demand. Let's start with My Big Friggin' Wedding, a VH1 typical.

This show makes getting married look so bad. And of course they are all from Jersey and Loooong Island. LOL! The people are so into the wedding and not even sure they want to be married. I know relationships and marriage are hard, but they make it look like torture. It in a way makes my dysfunctional not look so bad. Yes, I know tv exaggerates to keep us watching.

What happen to the meaning behind marriage? Marriage is no longer sacred. The days of long happy marriages are gone, apparently. There is no more of the 'til death do us part. It makes me dread falling in love or even the thought of marriage. Is this what it's like? Note to self, justice of the peace.

However, the bachelor and bachelorette parties are entertaining. The cops and ambulences and fights. Great entertainment. I mean the show has the same producers as Jersey Shore. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment