Wednesday, December 22, 2010

One Reason I Do What I Do

Today, I spent the afternoon at a "local" high school interviewing some students to help their applications to my institutions a little stronger. As an Admission Counselor, there is no telling what you will see, hear or read. Each day is new. In my six years, nothing surprises me, I've heard it all.

Today, I met some of the strongest young women I may ever meet. Each on sharing with me stories of courage and strength. They each touched my heart in a different way. Their stories making me think twice about my own issues and complaints, how minor they REALLY are. They were a wonderful group though their stories tough.

For many young people, it is hard to open up the way these young ladies did with me today. I appreciate the trust they put in me during our interviews. If any or all of them ready this, you are truly amazing young people. I know you will go far no matter where you go or what you do. If no one ever tells you this, or you never felt this, know that I am proud of you for all that you have done for yourselves. Standing strong and looking roadblocks in the eye and knocking them down. You are the reason, I have enjoyed my job. Seeing you smile with each opportunity, knowing it will not be easy but ready for the challenge. I know you will be GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment