Monday, December 27, 2010

Who needs the gym ...

When you have snow? LOL. So I got an official workout digging my car out of the snow. Cardio, lifting (full body), cardio. It was all there. Fighting the wind was like the resistance. I got it done though. I don't think Pete would agree though.

I am very particular about my car and where it is parked after and during snow. I'm what some would say is OCD about my spot. I even shovel the spots next to me to ensure they do not mess up my work. Over an hour of shoveling. It has to be done right. This need to have a clean spots spurs from a storm in winter 2007 when my car was stuck for 3 days in its spot. this was my second winter in MA. There was a parking ban. I took the train to work and left my car parked. The sun happened to shine during the day, melting most of the snow but it was iced over under my car and tires when I got home. I was stuck between two mountains of snow. It was like this for three days, 2 bags of kitty liter and a big bag of salt. It drove me crazy knowing I could not get out. I spent over an hour each night trying to get it out. That was when I learned my lesson.



Now I have a snow strategy that works in the favor of those around me. I just keep shoveling until I'm HAPPY! It also substitues for my workout for the day. I used to like the snow but living in MA there is nothing like the snow here. It was all about snow management for me.

The best part of this whole thing is that I am the only women in a building of five men and no one has ever asked or offered help. What's that about?

No comments:

Post a Comment